Helping Aging Loved Ones With Their Mental Health
Aging adults living in depression and other mental disorders are a lot more than you think. One in every four adults suffers from some type of a mental disorder and two-thirds of them do not receive treatment for their conditions. This is especially true if they’re not receiving home health care in Orlando, Florida.
Mental disorders do not only affect the mind, but they also impact one’s overall health. So it’s essential to know the signs and risk factors of mental health disorders in seniors to help them get the treatment they need.
Here are some common signs of anxiety and depression in seniors to watch out for.
- Difficulty in concentrating or mind going blank
- Fatigue or slow movements
- Difficulty in sleeping or oversleeping
- Aches or pains without physical causes
- Persistent low mood or pessimism
Some ways you can prevent seniors from developing depression are listed below.
- Engage them in physical activities such as strolling and Taichi
- Introduce them to intergenerational volunteering activities
- Enroll them in classes for socialization or coping with losses
- Help them engage in their passion and hobbies
- Have regular intellectual activities such as reading and board games
Getting a home health agency in Deland, Florida can also help in mitigating mental health risk factors in your loved ones. If you need companionship or home health aide services, you can reach out to us at Central Florida Quality Care Services, Inc.
It is our mission to improve home health in Florida so you can trust us to help your loved one remain in that positive mindset and enjoy their retirement days in peace. Call us to know more.